Tuesday, June 26, 2012

JUNIE B. JONES!!

SO! I have to share something exciting Ian and I did yesterday.........WE GOT TO MEET JUNIE B. JONES!!! If you are not familiar with her, Junie B. is a childrens' book character with her own series (by Barbara Park)! The books follow Junie B. through Kindergarten and first grade. And let me tell you, if JBJ was in my room, I'm not sure what I'd do with her...let's just say she's a spaz very exuberant...and she's always doing something funny. I remember reading her book clear back when I was a first grader. And now I read them to MY Kindergarten class. So you can imagine how excited I was to go to Barnes & Noble (which is definitely one of my favorite stores, too--HELLO BOOK HEAVEN!) to see her! EEEEE!

Here I am with Junie B. Jones & her bus driver, Mr. Woo (she meets him in her very first book, Junie B. Jones & the Stupid Smelly Bus)

I can't believe Junie B. has been around for 20 years...she's as old young as I am! :)

Junie B. Jones....the Stupid Smelly Bus she refers to in her first book!

I might have been the oldest Junie B. fan there, but I don't care! It's all good when you tell people you're a K teacher! :) I also got hooked up with an Educators' discount card while I was there...20% teaching resources, WOOWHO! Thank you, B & N! Much love!

Well, that's it for today! Tomorrow I will share the other part of that day...the not so great bank blunder. BYEH. But for now, off to the pool with the C-Monster!

No comments:

Post a Comment